Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oreo Truffles- WARNING!


Yes...these are made of Oreo's and cream cheese. May cause some sort of arterial blockage. If your left arm starts to feel numb after eating half a dozen of these...don't call me I warned you! I have a couple of friends- (thank you Amber and Janine) who make these and also found them on Bakerella's blog...so here is a hybrid recipe!



Oreo Truffles

1 pkg. 14 oz. Oreo cookies + a handful more (use entire cookie)
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
2 pkg. Baker's chocolate in the cup (I like milk choc., but semi sweet is good too)
or vanilla candy coating

First: Take 7 or so Oreos and food process them until they are very fine. Save for sprinkling the tops.

Mix: Entire package of Oreos in a food processor until very fine. Then add in cream cheese. The mixture will start to clump up, stick together and look wet. Stop at this point.
Roll: Into 1/2 inch balls.
Melt: Chocolate or vanilla coating in m-wave for about 30 sec. Do not overheat chocolate or it will be just clumpy and gross.
Dip: Balls into coating. I used a spoon to cover them and it worked well, but it was time consuming.
Sprinkle: With crushed Oreos.
Chill: For about 30 min.
Yield: 36 or so

Just a little FYI...I prefer my balls naked (shame on you) and rolled in Oreo crumbs, but this method is just not as appealing on a plate as the dipped versions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, I love these! I have a very similar version but they're simply called BALLS(http://okistephie.wordpress.com/2009/03/30/balls-finally/). Your's look much nicer!