Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Japanese Ovens and Roasted Red Pepper Dip





If you know anything about Japanese ovens...

1) They are miniature in size, of course

2) Super ingenious as they have a grilling and microwave function (seriously)

3) The buttons are all in Kanji which makes the trial and error method a bit dangerous

Reason #2 is why I now love my new foreign yet brilliant oven. I can roast vegetables in like 15 minutes flat and add them to pasta, hummus, and sandwiches. The fact that grilling in said oven shut down all the power in my house and caused me to go without an oven for three weeks is totally irrelevant.

Roasted Red Pepper Dip
3 sliced red peppers roasted in olive oil and garlic

*If you don't happen to have a Japanese oven you can try and roast them on the grill.

1 8-ounce package cream cheese

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Combine: All ingredients and serve with veggies or crackers.

No comments: