Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Whole Wheat Banana Toddler Size Muffins



I am a huge fan of the mini-muffin pan. A woman with a toddler obviously invented it. She figured out that no matter what she baked inside of it...her picky "I don't like it" before I even tried it toddler would eat it. Brilliant! My toddler will eat almost anything I bake in my little nugget of a muffin tin. She finds immense delight in calling anything "baby ones". Thus, making everything mini...edible. So, I made these muffins for her Mother's Day Out class in hopes that all the toddlers would have the same reasonable logic.

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
2/3 c. Canola oil
3/4 c. dark brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
3 bananas
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. nuts (optional- I usually leave these out when making them for children)

Mix: Oil, sugars, eggs and bananas. In a separate bowl combine whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt.
Add: Dry mixture to wet mixture just until blended.
Bake: Fill mini muffin tin 1/2-3/4 full for 8-10 min. Be sure to not over bake as they will get drier and drier the longer you over cook them. You can also use a regular sized muffin tin and bake for the same amount of time.

No comments: